
Our garden didn't yeild all that was expected this year. But one thing we did get were several red bell peppers! They were my pride and joy. I LUUUVVVV bell peppers and the reds are the best. How nice to have saved $2 per pepper by growing them in our own yard.



My new favorite meal... the name of this dish is still up in the air... Ryan calls them Southwest bowls even though I serve them on plates, the person who gave me the receipe (
heather) calls it black beans and rice, I have been calling it rice with beans and veggies on it... anyone got a clever name? The receipe is as follows:
Rice, hot. Maybe a little salt and pepper
Blackbeans, hot
shredded cheese
bell peppers, chopped, any color
green onion, chopped
shredded carriots, for color if you like :)
shredded lettuce
salsa
sour cream
hot sauce
cilantro
squeeze of lime juice
Or any other combo you would like. Other fresh veggies are also good. I like this for summer time b/c it is refreshing and I feel healthy and it is oh so good! Thanks Heather!
No comments:
Post a Comment