Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day in the Life, 7-27-11

I thought I would do a post on a day in our life. I didn’t decide to do this until lunch time, so my documenting didn’t start till then. Here goes:

 

That morning Mimi (Susan) came and stayed with Eliza while I went and dropped off some stuff at Rhea Lana’s consignment sale. Stood in line in the hot sun, yuck.

 

IMG_5563 IMG_5577

Lunch time was this (above). Cupboards bare, this is what we eat. Pasta and red sauce. Simple and good.

IMG_5592

I am still not sure what these tears were about, but they were big ones.

IMG_5596

No food in the house… off to Wal-Mart.

We are Dave Ramsey folks. Well… we try to be. I do the envelope system for things like food. But it’s the 27th and I only had $21 left. I paid an extra $2 in change and then had to debit $29. Sorry Dave, we gotta eat. Making the food budget work is always hard every month and to tell you the truth, we usually end up debiting a little to get us through.

IMG_5597

This seat cover caught my eye in the car next to ours at Wal-Mart. You can always count on interesting things to see at W.M.

IMG_5603

Eliza was having some alone time in her pack n’ play. I try to do this everyday for about 45 mins., sometimes less sometimes more. She loves it. She sits and plays, talks, and squeals. I think everyone needs some alone time.

IMG_5606

During Ez’s afternoon nap, I made cookie dough for some cookie dough cupcakes I was making for some friends who were coming over the next day. (long sentence). I needed to freeze it in little portions and thought I would do it in the ice cube trays that Ez’s baby food had been frozen in. I popped out Ez’s last 4 cubes of purred food. That’s right, she is eating big people’s food now. Yay!

IMG_5612

Ez eating a snack, me on the phone with insurance trying to get a quote. I loath insurance! LOATH IT. all kinds, life, health, auto, homeowners, dental… etc. But… I am very thankful for it.

IMG_5618 

This picture is freaking me out. She recently starting tipping her cup by herself and I think she looks so funny and grown up doing it. Don’t grow up my little Puppy.

IMG_5627

IMG_5629

IMG_5632

Post office.

IMG_5646

Eliza’s new thing is to crawl under things. Chairs, stools, and especially out dinning room table.

IMG_5655

IMG_5659

I think she is really understanding much of what we say. When Ryan pulled up I said “Daddy’s home!” and she started looking and crawling over to the door.

IMG_5664

IMG_5685

A Hughes family dish for dinner. Red beans and rice. A one pot dish. I love one pot dishes. All boxed up for Ryan’s lunch the next day.

IMG_5684

Potty and bath time.

IMG_5692

Fingers in mouth, hand on ear = tired girl.

IMG_5693

IMG_5696

Ryan grilled chicken for some friends I was having over the next day. Thanks, Babe!

IMG_5701

Baby in bed, dishes done, face washed… watching Modern Family.

I always kinda felt like I didn’t accomplish much during the days. Aside from changing diapers, preparing food, and playing…  But documenting this day, I was surprised how much I did and do get done every day.

Good night.

No comments: